406 West Main St.
If you're looking for a Dallas midwife, we hope you'll get to know us. Find out why so many mothers choose the freestanding birth center at Allen Birthing Center for a natural, holistic approach to childbirth with a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM).
As the oldest birth center in Collin County, more than 1,300 families have chosen Allen Birthing Center for one-on-one professional prenatal and maternity care — in support of a safe, natural and healthy birth for their babies.
8 Reasons to Choose Allen Birthing Center
- For the last 3 years in a row, we're proud to have been named "Best for Moms and Babies" for 2012, 2013 and 2014 by Dallas Child Magazine. As the premier birth center in North Texas, our clients come from the Dallas-Fort Worth area — including Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Plano, Denton, Lewisville, Carrollton, Greenville — and as far away as Houston and Oklahoma City. (We've even had clients travel from as far away as California, Colorado and South Carolina to birth with us.)
- Named by Dallas Child Magazine as Best Midwife in Dallas for 2013 and 2014, ABC co-owner and Clinical Director Amy Giles, CNM maintains hospital privileges at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Allen and at Baylor Medical Center in McKinney. Amy is one of only a handful of midwives in the country to maintain dual privileges at a freestanding birth center and an accredited hospital. In the event that a hospital transfer is required for your birth, Amy will transfer with you as your primary medical professional and advisor at the hospital — to provide complete continuity of care for you and your baby.
- More than 93% of mothers who choose Allen Birthing Center deliver healthy, happy babies at the center. Less than 5% of our mothers ultimately require a cesarean birth.
- In addition to deliveries at our birth center facility, Allen Birthing Center also provides homebirth support for families who meet our homebirth guidelines. We're one of only a few centers in the Dallas area to offer both birth center and homebirth options with a Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Both of our birthing suites include a private bath and a birthing tub. If a waterbirth is important to you, rest assured that a waterbirth option will be available regardless of which birthing room and suite is available at the time of your delivery.
- We're the only birthing center in the DFW area with an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) on staff. If you need breastfeeding advice or help, our lactation consultant will speak with you on the telephone, come to your home, or meet you at the birth center — which ever meets your needs and is most convienent for you.
- Allen Birthing Center is the only freestanding birth center to serve as a teaching facility for the Baylor University School of Midwifery. We are committed to supporting the future of midwifery in Texas and the U.S. and helping future midwives experience safe, natural childbirth at a freestanding birth center.
- We're a family affair! Allen Birthing Center is owned and operated by the husband and wife team of Jeff and Amy Giles, CNM. We offer not just a woman-centered philosophy of pregnancy care — but a complete family-centered focus — to support your individual needs, and the needs of your newborn and your family. Many of our moms are repeat clients who come to Allen Birthing Center for their 2nd, 3rd, and even 8th (!) babies with us — and we often provide birth support to multiple generations of families including sisters and cousins.
Follow us on Twitter